This statement covers all of the Firmware Host website and any associated content including email and RSS feeds. Please read this statement carefully before proceeding to access any of the SE Site. Your use of the SE Site indicates your agreement to abide by the Terms in effect.
Firmware Host RSS FEED
The Firmware Host RSS feed may be found here. Firmware Host provides a general license to use this feed, provided it is not modified in any way (including the stripping of ads) with the exception of image stripping when the feed is incorporated into a commercial use. All commercial uses of Firmware Host feed (including but not limited to websites generating revenue through advertisements) must strip all images from the feed to ensure copyright compliance with any third-party photographic agency licenses.
- The Firmware Host logo and URL must appear prominently at the top of each page displaying Firmware Host content.
- Internal links in the Firmware Host content must not be removed.
- The format or branding of Firmware Host headlines, text, and other information provided in the RSS feeds must not be modified.
- “More From…” links back Firmware Host at the end of each post must be included on content pages, and may not be removed.
- The RSS feeds may not be spliced into or otherwise redistributed by third-party RSS providers.
- No content, including any advertisements or other promotional content, shall be added to the RSS feeds.
- Images must be removed from open syndication feeds and commercial feeds.
- Firmware Host reserves the right to object to your presentation of the RSS feeds and the right to require you to cease using the RSS feeds at any time.
- Firmware Host further reserves the right to terminate its distribution of the RSS feeds or change the content or formatting of the RSS feeds at any time without notice to you.
- Firmware Host provides this content “as is” and Firmware Host shall not be held liable for your use of the information or the feeds.
- Use of a Site’s content, including text and images, on your site, or in print, is entirely at your discretion. Firmware Host is not responsible for any complaints regarding content or images that you choose to display on your site or in print.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED, Firmware Host DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. By accessing the RSS feeds or the XML instructions provided above, you indicate that you understand and agree to these terms and conditions.
The comments sections on the Firmware Host site are accessible to users who have registered. In order to make our comments useful and interesting, the following guidelines have been established for comment users:
- Do not post threatening, harassing, defamatory, or libelous material.
- Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements.
- Do not offer to sell or buy any product or service.
- Do not post material that infringes copyright.
- Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law.
- Keep all comments relevant to the particular topic or post where the comment is being posted.
- Firmware Host will not accept responsibility for information posted in the Comments.
If Firmware Host receives notice that a comment post is not in keeping with these terms and conditions or the intended use of the comments, we reserve the right to remove that comment posting. The removal of any comment shall be solely at the discretion of Firmware Host.
Firmware Host typically displays images as part of features written by our editors and contributors. The types of images editors are authorized to use on Firmware Host include:
- Images licensed from photographic archive vendors
- Images supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes
- Images published on Flickr or other public photo sites, with an implied license for use under the Creative Commons license associated with such sites
- Images commissioned by Firmware Host
- Images used to illustrate a newsworthy story under the Fair Use doctrine
- Images where the use is transformative, such as for satire
Notices of alleged copyright infringement on Firmware Host must comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), which can be found on the website of the U.S. Copyright Office. To file a notice of infringement, send an email to DMCA@FirmwareHost.com with an attached and signed PDF containing the following:
- The exact, permanent URL on Firmware Host.com of each allegedly infringing image, video, music, text, or other content that you wish to have removed
- Your email address and telephone number
- Proof of your copyright regarding the content in question
- The following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
EXTERNAL LINKS DISCLAIMER
Firmware Host routinely contains links to external, third-party websites. By providing links to other sites, Firmware Host does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to Serious Eats.
Firmware Host does not operate or control and has no responsibility for the information, products and/or services found on any external sites. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Visitors to Firmware Host assume complete responsibility and risk in their use of any external sites. Visitors should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
If you have any questions or notices of violations of these terms and conditions, please see our contact page.